English For Action, Office Intern and English Educator, Providence, RI, June-August 2013
- Facilitated 10-week adult ESOL night classes using Paulo Freire Pedagogy of the Oppressed and Participatory Education Models
- Prepared fall English Class Volunteer Training materials and manual; completed daily office tasks
Sidewalk Ends Farm and Red Planet Farm, Urban Farming Intern, Providence and Johnston, RI, May-August 2013
- Prepared beds, planted and transplanted, and harvested vegetables at both farm sites
- Sold produce at local Providence Farmers Markets
LIFT: Combating Poverty and Expanding Opportunity, Student Advocate, Somerville, MA, September 2010-May 2011
- Managed personal client caseload, worked with low-income individuals on issues of housing, employment, public benefits, and immigration.
- Completed Taxpert certification and prepared tax returns for clients.
Safe Passage Domestic Violence Shelter, Volunteer and Creative Writing Program Creator, Workshop Leader, Northampton, MA, May 2008-May 2010
- Provided child care and performed office and shelter tasks.
- Conceived, designed, and led a weekly Creative Writing Workshop for women survivors, and another workshop for their children, for which I won the 2010 Pioneer Valley Outstanding Youth Paragon Award
Community Families, Hindi Language Teacher, Amherst, MA, March 2009-May 2010
- Prepared weekly lesson plans with a co-teacher, for Indian-American children desiring to learn Hindi language.
- Led activities encouraging memorization of the alphabet, and becoming proficient in reading and writing.
- Assigned and corrected weekly homework.
Amherst Writers & Artists, Writing Workshop Leader, Amherst, MA, June 2009-August 2009
- Created Summer Creative Writing Workshop program for Middle School students at local library.
- Led daily writing workshop, provided prompts and sparks for writing, and facilitated healthy and respectful group sharing